Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Choice

Choice. Isn't it interesting how the way things are said changes everything. Give people a choice and they will respond 100% differently than if you tell them how it is.

For example, my english teacher just told us a story about taking out the trash. His Father and Mother repeatedly pestered "Paul, come take out the trash, now!" So what did he do? He said "I'll do it first thing in the morning." First thing in the morning, before anyone else was awake, he went to the trashes, and took them out. Note this was back in the time where metal receptacles were used and when the trash was full the lids didn't always sit just right. So Paul being a clever child emptied the receptacles and returned the cans back to their exact appearance and original location, he then went back to bed. When morning came he was awoken by an angry shouting mother, "Paul why didn't you take out the trash?! You are so disrespectful! Rant, rant, rant!" Paul ate his breakfast quickly and went on his merry way to school. When the day came to a close and he reached his home his father was waiting for him with distain written across his face with a permanent marker. "Paul, your mother called me this morning and made me come home from work so that I could take care of the trashes! I went ahead to do your chore and picked up the trash cans only to find them empty!"

Why do we do things like this? Is it because we have a choice? What would we be achieving by such trickery and deceit? Just an interesting and amusing thought.

I heard a joke today that I've never heard before.
There is a man and wife that are having a baby. His wife was in great pain. The Doctor said to the husband, "If you want, I can transfer some of her pain to you." "Please do it, I can't stand to see her in so much pain." The husband said. So the doctor transferred some of the birthing wife's pain to the husband. "This isn't bad, give it all to me." The husband said. So the doctor transferred all of the pain. The husband said with a smile "I'm okay. This isn't bad at all, I don't see what all the fuss about giving birth is." So The wife gave birth to the son without any pain and they were extremely pleased with their newborn child. They returned home happy to start their new life only to find the milkman dead on the doorstep.

Have a good day all!

No comments:

Post a Comment