Sunday, April 24, 2011

Big Business HA ha haaa...

"The simple secret is this: put your trust in the Lord, do your best, then leave the rest to him." -Joseph B. Wirthlin, "Come What May, and Love it." Liahona November 2008, 26-28.


So today I went to church as usual. I was a little hesitant just because I miss my buddies and was going to have to be a big girl and go alone today. :) Went to sacrament (even made it on time, this is new). Sat next to a boy (who you all know, but due to personal privacy and internet safety I won't use his name.) who went out of a mission, came home... for whatever reason... and is now going out again! I was so excited. Also one of his good friends, a rather tall hulking figure that is slightly obsessed with Lord of the Rings yada yada... is going to the Honduras mission! Double excited. So Today was turning out to be a good day. Went to my next class only to be interrupted by Bishop Greenwood Calling me into his office...for whatever reason... I sat down with all four of the bishopric in the bishops office and he proceeded to tell me that he "would like to extend the calling of DRUM ROLL..................................................................Relief Society President." You can only imagine the shock on my face. President? PRESIDENT?! A counselor I could handle, but head honcho? That is a BIG calling. However, I thought about it and decided that God wouldn't extend a calling like that to me unless he knows I can handle it. Wow, I was shocked and really overwhelmed but I'm starting to embrace it. haha keyword STARTING. :) Pray for me you guys! I'm going to the temple sometime this week to pray about counselors, I am going to need all the help I can get. Patches: I understand 100% what you were saying about being the Visiting Teaching coordinator and how you just kinda can't breathe and what not haha. I thought I was going to pass out. 


Well that is all. I think we need to have a reunion soon... now that school is ALMOST over :) I miss you all!

1 comment:

  1. that is so exciting. that's a big calling but i know you can handle it! you will rock it!

    -slick

    ReplyDelete