Sunday, January 16, 2011

...a little more

Dearest of friends,
Much is on my mind this beautiful Sabbath day.  I took time to reflect life, and I realized that I could do so much more than I do.  I realized that so much love is left unexpressed.  This bothered me.  I started to formulate in my mind how life would be if everyone tried a little harder to serve mankind.  I was overwhelmed as I thought of the countless possibilities.  I wrote a poem with the intent of trying to express my thoughts.  This poem doesn't rhyme-sorry.  It isn't an "English" masterpiece either, but there's a message.  There's meaning behind every line that I wrote, but it'd take a lot of time to explain.  So I simply want to share it with you for you to interpret yourselves.  Take it how you will.  All I ask is that you take time to share my wonders.

...a little more

I sit here in wonder,
Searching the possibilities
I find myself measuring,
Counting good deeds
Longing for a greater list
Couldn't I have done more?

The Savior served
He healed the sick,
And raised the dead
He walked with the lonely,
And prayed for all
Is He not my example?

Charity calls out,
I know I must respond
Many I love,
But more I should
"True charity is love in action"
Mustn't I follow the Prophet?

I reflect even more...
A sister alone at church,
Smiles unexpressed
A brother misunderstood
Unnecessary jabbing
Could I not have done better?

I take more time
Muffled "I love you's"
Tears present too long
"Thank you's" unsaid
Uplifting notes never written
Why so much left undone?

Power behind the "what ifs"
What if there was more compassion?
What if no one sat alone?
What is more friends were made?
What if more gratitude was expressed?
What if I could help this world be...

a little more?

No comments:

Post a Comment